Hospitality Jobs – Hotel Sales Director Job Description
Hospitality Jobs – Hotel Sales Director Job Description
General Manager / Area Sales & Marketing Director
Reservations Manager, Events Manager, Sales Manager & Sales Co-ordinator
Overall responsibility for Sales & Marketing: maximizing total revenue and yield strategies, implementation and results including group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, outlets, spa, and other revenues. Strategies will include planning and achieving required market mix, pricing, direct sales, marketing, and acquisition status and results. Maximize profitability for the hotel and outstanding quality service for the customers. Accountable to market performance and potential performance as well as budget, forecast, and target goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Initiate, plan, direct and manage the implementation of the hotel’s sales and marketing strategy.
• Direct the activities of the Hotel Sales, Events and Reservations teams, ensuring that the activities of all team members are aligned with the hotel & the resort strategy.
• Develop the sales and marketing strategy for the hotel, plan and manage its implementation, liaising closely with key stakeholders (General Manager, Area Directors of Revenue and Sales & Marketing, Finance Controller) and be responsible for communication of this strategy to the sales / reservations and events teams.
• Working closely with the Director of Revenue for Ireland and Area Sales & Marketing Director, continuously monitor competitive activity and implement any agreed changes to the hotel’s sales and marketing strategy.
• Take responsibility for the delivery of the annual Marketing Planning process for the hotel, fully understand the marketing requirements of all areas of the hotel, and their required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• Liaise with General Manager and Senior Operating Team to deliver specific hotel marketing projects such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns.
• Ensure full compliance with all Hotel Marketing programs.
• Liaise with the PR and Advertising agencies to ensure effective communication is maintained in line with Marketing strategy.
• Manage the Sales, Reservations and Events teams to ensure the efficient day to day operation of the hotel Sales and Marketing Department and that all revenue and profitability targets are achieved in line with the Hotels core standards.
• Conduct six monthly performance appraisals for all direct reports, ensuring that pre-agreed objectives are achieved. Where required, identify appropriate development and career opportunities for each team members to ensure high levels of motivation.
• Set annual revenue targets, in line with the hotel budget, for all direct sales people, ensuring that they are clear on their revenue target and have a planned strategy to achieve their goals.
• Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments and confirmation to client.
• Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives.
• Proactively prospect new accounts for the hotel following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans for the hotel sales team. Ensure that all members of the sales and events teams maintain standards and that systems are utilised to full capacity.
• Plan and attend any trade fairs as a representative of the hotel, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the hotel and the resort.
• To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educationals in line with business needs.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
o Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
o Participate as team player with other key executive members.
o Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing staff.
o Be a leader and role model to all employees.
o Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
554 total views, 3 today